Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Results & Next Steps

The election brought a victory of more than 1,000 votes on Tuesday evening. Thanks to the voters for their support of my re-election! Big thanks also go to my campaign team of Tom McSteen, Matt & Jennifer Percy, Dawn Reckinger, Mike Spellman, and Judy Ohannesian. They and dozens of others did an incredible job. My opponent John Kappler also worked very hard (I can attest to how many doors he knocked!) and I enjoyed getting to know him during the campaign.

The legislative session will start Tuesday, January 6th. In the meantime, the House DFL Caucus will meet Thursday evening, November 6th, where we are likely to elect a Speaker and Majority Leader. We will also meet again in November and December to begin looking at our legislative strategy for 2009. Balancing the budget will be a major challenge with the economic downturn.

If you are interested in getting e-mail updates from me during the legislative session, you can sign up at http://www.house.mn/53a.

More to follow!