Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week of November 11, 2007

Schedule: On Tuesday, November 13th, I spoke to a class of seniors at Centennial High School. They asked a lot of good questions! Several members of the class want to boost recycling at the school, so since that's what I used to do I might meet with them later. In the evening, my family attended a Veterans Day concert at Mounds View High School given by fourth and fifth graders from my children's school. What a great job. There was even a WWII vet there from the Merchant Marine! I didn't know that they have their own song. My kids go to this site for the lyrics and music for the service anthems. On Wednesday, November 14th, I met with the director of Friends of Ramsey County Suburban Libraries about the organization's activities and capital campaign efforts. The Roseville Library, the busiest in the state, will undergo expansion next year if plans go ahead. On Thursday, November 15th, I attended part of a hearing for Rep. Ryan Winkler's proposal for disaster victim compensation. Later than morning, I attended a meeting of the Metropolitan Council's Water Supply Planning Committee, where there were several interesting presentations. After that, I made some remarks at an America Recycles Day event at the Children's Museum in St. Paul put on my by old employer, the Recycling Association of Minnesota. In the afternoon, I will have met with the House Capitol Investment Committee in Coon Rapids about the proposed bike trail for the Rice Creek/Chain of Lakes preserve in Lino Lakes. On Friday, November 16th, I attended a book signing for the new history of Shoreview entitled Shoreview Reflections. There is a one-hour DVD that goes with the history, and you can view a trailer or the whole video on-line.

Visitors: None

Constituent contacts: Shoreview resident against Canadian-style health care system in the U.S.; Blaine resident pleased with new legislation for manufactured home (aka trailer) park residents that would help them with relocation costs if the park owners sell the property