Monday, December 18, 2006

Week of December 17, 2006

On Monday morning, I and other legislators from the 4th Congressional District met with Congresswoman Betty McCollum in St. Paul.

On Tuesday morning, I and several other legislators met with Centennial School District board members, the superintendent, several school principals, and members of the Centennial Legislative Action Committee.

In the afternoon, I met the Governor along with about 20 other legislators for a brief get-acquainted meeting at the Governor's mansion in St. Paul. I also met later with the Mayor of St. Paul to discuss areas of common interest. Mayor Coleman's staff and I will keep in touch about the Central Corridor and how that will connect with the Rush Line Corridor.

On Wednesday, I met with more people than I was planning on at the MN Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) about an upcoming "reinvigorating recycling" campaign. (I guess more people show up when you get elected!)

Letters of introduction/newsletters sent: MN Utility Investors; Council of State Governments Midwestern Legislative Conference; MN Taxpayers Association; Proper Economic Resource Management (PERM--apparently an advocacy group for outdoor advocates); MN Budget Project, an initiative of the MN Council of Nonprofits; Project for Pride in Living; MN DFL Education Foundation; MN Manufacturers' Coalition; Parents United for Public Schools

Request for a meeting or inviting to event: Minnesota State University Student Association; Senior Services Focus Group of the White Bear Lake School District; House DFL Majority Caucus

Lobbyists: Lloyd Grooms left a message and I returned it